What could be better than drinking delicious beer and wine from local breweries and wineries? Drinking delicious local beer and wine while in the great outdoors!
The Frothy Forage is a unique microbrew festival where the surroundings are just as refreshing as the drinks! Surrounded by Riveredge Nature Center's 379 acres of wild Wisconsin, Frothy Foragers will sample offerings from some of our favorite Wisconsin producers, enjoy live bluegrass music from the incredible Evergreen Grass Band, challenge friends (or a strangers!) to games of skill (ladder golf is totally a skill), and devour delicious eats from local food trucks.
Oh, and did we mention the special Beer Trek trail through the woods and prairies complete with additional sampling stations for you to enjoy as you hike and explore?
Free sampling from these amazing participants from 12 -3 PM! (Stay tuned- more to come! If you are a producer interested in particpating in this year's Frothy or know someone who might, don't hesitate to reach out!)
The Beer Trek (Yep, more drinks.)
NEW this year- all participants will have access to a special (approximately 3K distance) Beer Trek through the forest and prairies of Riveredge. The best part? Our amazing sponsors will have special stations along the trail with more great craft drinks on hand for you to sample. Yes, that's right, enjoy a scenic hike and enjoy some delicious drinks whiile doing it. Did someone say "heaven"? Thanks to these amazing sponsors who you will be able to visit on the trail:
When you've got good drinks and good friends surrounded by swaying trees and rippling ponds, there's only one thing missing: live music! Luckily, we'll have the incredible Evergreen Grass Band on hand to solve just that problem! The band's been playing their distinctive blend of bluegrass, punk, rock n’ roll, jam & country for over 7 years and has performed with the likes of Trampled By Turtles, Greensky Bluegrass, and the Infamous Stringdusters.
Second Supper Magazine just about summed it up in a review, "The best band Eau Claire has produced since Bon Iver. We've never met that guy before, but we bet the Evergreen Grass Band are a lot more fun to party with."
Clear your afternoon. There's fun to be had.
(Please note: parking for the event will take place at Fireman's Park in Newburg with a free, quick bus shuttle down the road to Riveredge provided for you. See ticket for details.)
Let's be honest, you already know you aren't going to miss this, so buy your tickets early to save money and ensure we'll still have room (tickets may sell out). Tickets are $30 until April 20, $35 between April 21 and May 17, and $40 for last minute tickets after May 17 or at the door (if tickets are still available).
- Free beer and wine sampling from 12-3
- Your own special Frothy tasting glass
- Live music from the Evergreen Grass Band
- Access to the special Frothy Beer Trek- a one of a kind hike through the woods, prairies, and wetlands of Riveredge with special sampling stations along the way!
Designated driver tickets are also available for $10! Designated drivers will get a sampling glass to take home, free soda, and are welcome to enjoy the live music and hike the trails with their friends.
Participants who are drinking must be 21+. Please be sure to bring your ID with you to the event!
The Add Ons
- Special morning tree climbing opportunity ($20): Make a day of it! Get yourself ready for an afternoon of Frothy-ing with a morning (10 AM to 12 PM) adults-only tree climb experience you won't soon forget. This definitely isn't your childhood tree climbing- you'll be harnessed in by our professional facilitators and will soon be swinging from the treetops. Once you're done with all the fun, you'll be all signed in and ready to head straight to the Frothy! Learn more about our tree climbing program here and register for the climb at the same time you buy your Frothy ticket! Only 18 tree climbing spots are available.
- Special 2017 Frothy t-shirt ($15): Show off your Frothy pride with style! Pre-order your 2017 t-shirt by May 10 and we'll have it waiting for you at the event! This year's shirt will be a special "tech shirt" material perfect for excercising and burning of all that beer in. (T-shirts may be available for sale day of, but we can not guarantee they will not sell out.) Stay tuned for the design!
A beer festival? At a nature center? What's going on here?
Two things. First off, at Riveredge, we’re dedicated to redefining the relationship of a nature center to the community and the relationship of individuals to the natural world. That belief is why we continue to introduce innovative new ways to show people just how easy and enjoyable getting outside can be. Secondly, events like the Frothy allow us to raise money in order keep this one-of-a-kind land healthy and available for generations to come. All proceeds of this event benefit will go directly to the restoration and preservation of our 379 acres of wild Wisconsin.
I know there's drinking, but can I bring my children to this?
While we're not specifically saying no kids allowed, please note this is defintely an event aimed solely at adults, so there won't be any kid activities or areas planned, and it's not really designed to handle them. Babies in tow shouldn't be a problem, but any older kids would be at the responsibiltiy/discretion of the parent.
I want to put together a big group to come to this. Any discounts?
Already thinking about all those friends you're going to invite? We're offering a 10% discount on all ticket orders of 8 or more. To recieve the code for this discount, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 262-375-2715.
I've got something else to ask that you weren't able to predict. I win!
Dangit! You're a tricky one! We'd love to answer any questions you have- please give us a call at 262-375-2715 or post your question below!